ABOUT ABSRC VENICE 2017
Advances in Business – Related Scientific research Conference (ABSRC) is an important international gathering of business and business-related sciences scholars and educators.
In addition to scientific papers, the focus is on various best practices and solutions, which are important for business-related policies and activities at the individual, organizational, group, network, local, regional, national, international, and global level.
ABSRC is a global conference. Researchers and practitioners from 50 different countries participated at the past ABSRCs.
ABSRC 2017 Venice will take place in conference facilities (the venue NOVOTEL Venezia Mestre Castellana) located in Venice, Italy.
Keynote speaker will be: Mirjana Pejic-Bach – a Full Professor at the Department of Informatics at the Faculty of Economics & Business. She graduated at the Faculty of Economics & Business – Zagreb, where she also received her Ph.D. degree in Business, submitting a thesis on “System Dynamics Applications in Business Modelling“ in 2003. She is the recipient of the Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2013 for the paper Influence of strategic approach to BPM on financial and non-financial performance published in Baltic Journal of Management. Mirjana was also educated at MIT Sloan School of Management in the field of System Dynamics Modelling, and at OliviaGroup in the field of data mining. She participates in number of EU FP7 projects, and is an Expert for Horizon 2020.
Conference Program Dates: Thursday – Friday, 20-21 April 2017, Venue: Venice, Italy
Submission Deadline for Submissions of Papers: NEW DATE 20 March 2017
Feedback from the Scientific Board: 29 March 2017
Final Registration Ends: 1 April 2017
- Business strategy
- Change management and organizational development
- Conflict management
- Critical management
- Economic growth
- Gender, diversity and social issues
- Human resource management and career development
- Humanities and arts and business
- Industry, area or region specific studies
- Industrial organization
- International business
- Language in organizations
- Law and business
- Management consulting
- Management education, training and development
- Managerial and organizational cognition and psychology
- Marketing and consumer behavior
- Natural sciences and business
- Organizational behavior
- Organizational information and communication systems
- Organizations and financing
- Politics and Business
- Production and operations management
- Research methods
- Social sciences and business
- Technology and innovation management
COMITTE VENICE 2017
- Suavi Ahipasaoglu, Okan University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Nikša Alfirević, Faculty of Economics, University of Split, Croatia
- Boštjan Antončič, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Silviu Beciu, University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
- Heri Bezic, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
- Kresimir Buntak, University North, Koprivnica, Croatia
- Ionel Bostan, University “Stefan cel Mare” of Suceava, Suceava, Romania
- Patrycja Chodnicka, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Alex F. DeNoble, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- Giorgio Dominese, LUISS University Rome, Rome, University of Udine, Udine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
- Ajda Fošner, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ana Globocnik Zunac, University North, Koprivnica, Croatia
- Klodiana Gorica, University of Tirana, Albania
- Dietmar Grichnik, University of St. Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Katherine Gundolf, GSCM – Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France
- Robert D. Hisrich, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Nicholas S. Jewczyn, Ashford University, San Diego, California, U. S. A.
- Ronald C. Johnson, American Public University, Charles Town, West Virginia, U.S.A.
- Renata Karkowska, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Claudine Kearney, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Imen Khanchel, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Alzbeta Kiralova, College of Business, Prague, Czech Republic
- Ekaterina Kostina, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia
- Abey Kuruvilla, University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
- Leonard H. Lynn, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Marjana Merkač Skok, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Stephen O. Migiro, Graduate School of Business Leadership, Midrand, South Africa
- Celina M. Olszak, University of Economics, Katowice, Poland
- Mirjana Pejić Bach, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Cezar Scarlat, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
- Seval Selіmoglu, Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey
- Gangaram Singh, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- Seweryn Spalek, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
- Stanislav Stofko, University of Zilina, Zilina, Slovakia
- Dindayal Swain, International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar, India
- Igor Todorovic, University of Banja Luka, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Jaka Vadnjal, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Via Alfredo Ceccherini, 21
Please make bookings of hotel rooms early.
Conference fees can be paid also via Bank Wire Transfer Details:
Bank: Nova Ljubljanska banka d.d., Ljubljana, Trg republike 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Bic, Swift: LJBASI2X
Recipient: GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship, Dunajska cesta 156, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Account no.: 02540887
Subject: ABSRC 2017 Venice – the first name and the last name of the registered person
Important Note: Bank wire transfer fees are not covered by conference organizers.
At least one author per paper should register. Registration is completed when the conference fee payment is received.
Conference fees cover ABSRC 2017 Venice Proceedings, registrations and the conference program preparation. Authors and other conference participants will receive the ABSRC 2017 Venice Proceedings and the proof of participation. Drinks and snacks during session breaks and the awards prize giving will be prepared and sponsored by conference organizers and sponsors. All other expenses of the conference paper authors and other participants are not covered by conference fees and conference organizers and sponsors. Conference fees are non-refundable. Travel and lodging arrangements are done by conference participants on their own account.
If you pay the fees only for the PUBLICATION OF AN ARTICLE IN THE PROCEEDINGS you receive only ABSRC 2017 Venice Proceedings, after the conference, by post.
Conference Invitation Letter can be issued after the conference fee payment is received.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM VENICE 2017
ABSRC 2017 VENICE SESSIONS SCHEDULE
THURSDAY, APRIL 20, 2017
11:00 – 12:00 REGISTRATION
12:00 – 13:00 KEYNOTE TALK
Mirjana Pejić-Bach, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Structured approach to writing and publishing a paper in Web of Science and Scopus journals
13:00 – 16:00 SESSION 1
|13:00 – 13:30||Ana Globočnik Žunac, Krešimir Buntak, Marjana Merkač Skok||THE DIFFERENCES IN THE PERCEPTION OF INTANGIBLE MOTIVATION FACTORS SIGNIFICANCE BETWEEN EMPLOYEE’S AND MANAGER|
|13:30 – 14:00||Andrej Pompe||CITY BRAND IN THE EYES OF VALUES|
|14:00 – 14:30||Anna Wójcik-Karpacz||MATTER AND MIND: WHEN TRUST AFFECTS INVESTMENTS INTO RELATION-SPECIFIC ASSETS IN SUPPLIER-BUYER RELATIONSHIPS?|
|14:30 – 15:00||Jana Štofková, Stanislav Štofko, Katarína Gašová||MANAGEMENT OF THE NEW IT SERVICES IN COMPANIES|
|15:00 – 15:30||Krešimir Buntak, Vesna Sesar, Danijela Brozd||EMPLOYEES PERCEPTION ABOUT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF INTANGIBLE MOTIVATION FACTORS REGARDING AREA OF BUSINESS ACTIVITY|
|15:30 – 16:00||Bruno Jurčec, Mirjana Pejić Bach, Jovana Zoroja||MANAGEMENT SIMULATION GAMES FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION|
16:00 – 16:10 GROUP PHOTOGRAPHY
16:10 – 16:40 COFFEE BREAK
FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2017
8:30 – 9:00 REGISTRATION
9:00 – 11:00 SESSION 2
|9:00 – 9:30||Önder Dorak, Fikret Er, Hasan Durucasu||EFFECT OF FINANCIAL LEVERAGE AND FIRM SIZE ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE: A QUANTILE REGRESSION ANALYSIS|
|9:30 – 10:00||Erick Pruchnicki, Dorota Leszczyńska||MATHEMATICAL MODEL TO LOCATE A MULTINATIONAL CORPORATION RESULTING FROM OPTIMIZATION OF KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER|
|10:00 – 10:30||Jarosław Karpacz||THE PROPOSAL OF THE RESEARCHERS AND PRACTITIONERS: WHAT IS EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT?|
|10:30 – 11:00||Tanja Rihtaršič, Matjaž Rihtaršič||STRUCTURAL MODEL OF FEMALE CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR IN SELECTED COUNTRIES WHEN BUYING FEMININE HYGIENE PRODUCTS|
11:00 – 11:30 CLOSING CEREMONY AND GROUP PHOTOGRAPHY
11:30 – 12:00 COFFEE BREAK
12:00 – 13:00 BOARD MEETING
MANAGEMENT AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
ABSRC 2017 is organized by GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship, Dunajska cesta 156, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Conference Administrator: tel. +386 1 5881 327.