ABOUT ABSRC Online 2021
Advances in Business – Related Scientific research Conference (21th ABSRC conference) is an important international gathering of business and business-related sciences scholars and educators.
In addition to scientific papers, the focus is on various best practices and solutions, which are important for business-related policies and activities at the individual, organizational, group, network, local, regional, national, international, and global level.
ABSRC is a global conference. Researchers and practitioners from 50 different countries participated at the past ABSRCs.
IMPORTANT: The ABSRC 2021 will be implemented ONLINE.
Professor and Director of Women in Entrepreneurship Institute at DePaul University, United States
Abigail Ingram, J.D., is the inaugural Director of the Women in Entrepreneurship Institute (WEI) and faculty at DePaul University, as well as a practicing attorney licensed in Illinois, U.S.A. Abigail launched her first business in Denver, Colorado, in 2009, and spent four years exploring sustainable business models for creative entrepreneurs. Abigail joined the nationally ranked Entrepreneurship program at DePaul in 2016, and currently teaches entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship law courses alongside her fundraising efforts, research, and executing programs including the Accelerator at the WEI. Abigail enjoys travel and learning about entrepreneurship and sustainability in diverse cultures, including as a Professional Fellow for the U.S. Department of State to Croatia and Slovenia.
More information on the WEI can be found at go.depaul.edu/WEI
Gender Equity in Research and Business Post-Pandemic
Equal access to opportunity and “equity” more broadly have become central in economic and social conversations in the 21st century. This keynote draws upon current research on the benefits of gender-diverse teams, disparate impacts of the COVID pandemic on research time and career trajectory for women scientists and faculty, and the current state and makeup of the workforce. This keynote also presents actionable ways to keep gender-diverse teams engaged and to retain diverse talent.
Professor of Technology and Business Innovations at LUT University, Finland
Dr Marko Torkkeli is a Professor of Technology and Business Innovations at the LUT University, Finland. His research interests focus on technology and innovation management, strategic entrepreneurship, growth venturing, and decision support systems. He has more than 20 years of experience of entrepreneurship and consulting activities in innovation management and strategy. He is a member of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and serves as the Director of Publications of the International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM) and is one of the founding editors of the open access, multidisciplinary Journal of Innovation Management.
Perspectives on open innovation: When theory meets practice
Since 2003 when father of open innovation Professor Henry Chesbrough coined the term ‘Open Innovation’ it has been the hot topic for academics, consultants and practitioners. Keynote aims to contribute to knowledge creation and more importantly, to knowledge accumulation, through the combination of multiple streams, perspectives, disciplinary approaches and diverse backgrounds.
In doing so, it departs from the current body of literature adopting a purely academic perspective on Open Innovation, and thus restates the importance of anchoring Open Innovation research into the reality, practices, challenges facing firms and policymakers.
This keynote reflects on Open Innovation book series which covers multiple perspectives, such as measuring and assessing the impact of Open Innovation, dealing with organizational matters and culture, designing strategies, policies, incentives and measures to support and implement Open Innovation, and discussing the advantages and limitations of adopting Open Innovation strategies.
Conference dates: 3 – 4 JUNE 2021
Deadline for submissions of abstracts: April 15, 2021.
Final decision about abstract submission: April 20, 2021.
Deadline for submissions of papers (non-obligatory): May 4, 2021.
Final registration ends: May 4, 2021.
The conference will be held online.
- Entrepreneurship, creativity, innovativeness and competitiveness (intrapreneurship, social entrepreneurship, high-tech entrepreneurship, dynamic entrepreneurship, female entrepreneurship, family entrepreneurship)
- Qualitative and quantitative comparative analysis in business
- Knowledge management and business model innovation – economic, social, cultural and environmental perspectives
- Crisis management
- Human resource management for entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and incubation
- Digital marketing
All selected abstracts/papers will be published in the ABSRC Online 2021 Proceedings.
The best papers will have the opportunity to be published in one of the following journals which are indexed/abstracted in several databases:
- Business Systems Research Journal
- Management: Journal of Contemporary Management Issues
- Managing Global Transitions
- Advances in Business-Related Scientific Research Journal
Conference Chair: prof. dr. Ajda Fošner
Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner is employed as a full professor (subject area Mathematics) at GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship. She is a leader of the Research Institute. The primary research fields of dr. Ajda Fošner are noncommutative rings, linear algebra, and functional analyses. It should be mentioned that prof. dr. Ajda Fošner also focuses on the mathematical problems in quantum mechanics. Furthermore, she is involved in research on the field of quantitative methodology in social sciences. Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner participated with the original scientific contributions in numerous international conferences. She has worked as a researcher on several scientific projects on the field of mathematics, which is her primary research area, as well as on projects on other fields. Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner published many original scientific papers in prestigious international journals. This shows her productive and high quality research work. Visibility of her work is shown also with the total number of citations. She received several awards, such as Chancellor Award of University of Maribor and Award for scientific excellence of the University of Primorska. Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner is the leader of the Advances in Business-Related Scientific Research Conference and the editor-in-chief of the Advances in Business-Related Scientific Research Journal. She is an active member of the Knowledge Economy Network in Brussels and a founding member of the Sustainability Network of Networks. She is an expert at the National Agency for the Quality in Higher Education. Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner has successfully participated in the certificate course to become a Sustainable Business Transformation Manager at M3TRIX Academy and has passed the final examination.
COMITTEE ABSRC Online 2021
- Suavi Ahipasaoglu, Okan University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Bostjan Antoncic, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Niksa Alfirevic, Faculty of Economics, University of Split, Croatia
- Dario Berginc, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Heri Bezic, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
- Ionel Bostan, University “Stefan cel Mare” of Suceava, Suceava, Romania
- Kresimir Buntak, University North, Koprivnica, Croatia
- Patrycja Chodnicka, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Alex F. DeNoble, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- Ajda Fosner, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ana Globocnik Zunac, University North, Koprivnica, Croatia
- Klodiana Gorica, University of Tirana, Albania
- Dietmar Grichnik, University of St. Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Katherine Gundolf, GSCM – Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France
- Robert D. Hisrich, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Mitja Jeraj, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Nicholas S. Jewczyn, Ashford University, San Diego, California, U. S. A.
- Ronald C. Johnson, American Public University, Charles Town, West Virginia, U.S.A.
- Valentina Jost Leser, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Renata Karkowska, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Claudine Kearney, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Imen Khanchel, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Alzbeta Kiralova, College of Business, Prague, Czech Republic
- Ekaterina Kostina, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia
- Abey Kuruvilla, University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
- Leonard H. Lynn, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Damir Mihanovic, University North, Koprivnica, Croatia
- Stephen O. Migiro, Graduate School of Business Leadership, Midrand, South Africa
- Celina M. Olszak, University of Economics, Katowice, Poland
- Mirjana Pejic Bach, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Cezar Scarlat, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
- Seval Selіmoglu, Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey
- Gangaram Singh, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- Seweryn Spalek, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
- Stanislav Stofko, University of Zilina, Zilina, Slovakia
- Dindayal Swain, International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar, India
- Igor Todorovic, University of Banja Luka, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Conference fees can be paid also via Bank Wire Transfer Details:
Fee for paper authors/presenters is 170,80 EUR (183,00 for payment via Paypal). VAT included.
Fee for listeners in 109,80 EUR (122,00 for payment via Paypal). VAT included.
Bank: UniCredit banka Slovenija d.d., Šmartinska cesta 141, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Recipient: GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship, Dunajska cesta 156, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Account no.: 2900 0005 2423 798
IBAN: SI56 02900 0005 2423 798
BIC / SWIFT: BACXSI22
Subject: ABSRC Ljubljana 2020 – the first name and the last name of the registered person
Important Note: Bank wire transfer fees are not covered by conference organizers.
At least one author per paper should register. Registration is completed when the conference fee payment is received.
Conference fees cover ABSRC Online2021 Proceedings, registrations and the conference program preparation. Authors and other conference participants will receive the ABSRC 2021 Proceedings and the proof of participation. All other expenses of the conference paper authors and other participants are not covered by conference fees and conference organizers and sponsors. Conference fees are non-refundable.
Conference Invitation Letter can be issued after the conference fee payment is received.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM ABSRC Online 2021
dr. Boštjan Aver
dr. Dario Berginc
dr. Janez Fabijan
dr. Ajda Fošner
dr. Ana Globočnik Žunac
dr. Abigail Ingram
dr. Mitja Jeraj
dr. Valentina Jošt Lešer
mag. Katja Kraškovic
dr. Andrej Raspor
dr. Saša Zupan Korže