ABOUT ABSRC Ljubljana 2020
Advances in Business – Related Scientific research Conference (20th ABSRC conference) is an important international gathering of business and business-related sciences scholars and educators.
In addition to scientific papers, the focus is on various best practices and solutions, which are important for business-related policies and activities at the individual, organizational, group, network, local, regional, national, international, and global level.
ABSRC is a global conference. Researchers and practitioners from 50 different countries participated at the past ABSRCs.
Graduate Business Programs Director (University of New York in Prague)
Sotiris Karagiannis holds a Master’s degree in Adult Education, with emphasis on the development of human potential (Lesley University, Boston). He also holds a MBA degree (University of Strathclyde, Glasgow). Currently, he is doing his Doctorate research in Educational Leadership with the University of Bolton, UK. He has more than twenty-five years of experience as a corporate trainer and coach, applying the principles of positive psychology and strengths based leadership in his work. He is now living permanently in Prague, where he manages the Graduate Business Programs and the Corporate Training division of the University of New York in Prague.
Sotiris Karagiannis managed the Greek franchise of Dale Carnegie Training and trains people in Leadership, Sales, Customer Service and Presentation Skills. His client portfolio includes companies like Bayer, Boehringer-Ingelheim, 3M, TUI, Danone, Johnson&Johnson, Janssen, Ericsson, Mondelez, Quest Group, Oracle, Apple, New Frontier Group and many more, with which he designs and develops training programs aiming at inspiring people to acquire a positive attitude towards change for personal and organizational development.
Sotiris Karagiannis has also worked in the shipping (4 years) and packaging (5 years) industries, combining market knowledge with coaching and training practices to help people set a hands-on personal development plan, through the use of tools and techniques they can apply instantly.
His area of interest is employee engagement and has been working with Daniel Pink ‘s Drive program to increase the levels of engagement of people, by fostering a culture at work that builds upon the principles of “autonomy-mastery-purpose”.
Investigating the impact of basic psyhological needs satisfaction on engagement and performance among MBA students
The satisfaction of basic psychological needs of autonomy, competence and relatedness positively affects student engagement and performance. The current research was carried out to investigate the mediating effect of perceived teacher autonomy support on students’ basic psychological needs satisfaction.
A case study was conducted on 25 MBA students attending a single class in an English-speaking university in the Czech Republic. Data were collected by a valid questionnaire and semi-structured interview of the lecturer and were compared with student feedback on their learning experiences from the course.
In total, more than 70% percent of the students perceive the lecturer as being highly supportive of autonomy, which results in positive learning experiences that satisfy their basic psychological needs of autonomy, competence and relatedness. It was also found that the lecturer’s positive experience of satisfaction of the need for autonomy strongly associates with the provision of an engaging learning environment for students that supports their performance and sense of competence.
The findings confirm earlier studies showing that when lecturers satisfy their need for autonomy, they positively affect engagement and performance of students. The implication for educational leaders is to design and implement appropriate coaching interventions to help lecturers offer autonomy supportive experiences to their students.
Key words: autonomy, competence, relatedness, student engagement, student performance
Conference dates: NOVEMBER – postponed! Dates to be announced!
Submission Deadline for Submissions of Abstracts: TBD.
Final decision about Abstract submission (Feedback from the Scientific Board): TBD.
Deadline for submissions of Papers (non-obligatory): TBD.
Final registration ends: TBD.
- Entrepreneurship, creativity, innovativeness and competitiveness (intrapreneurship, social entrepreneurship, high-tech entrepreneurship, dynamic entrepreneurship, female entrepreneurship, family entrepreneurship)
- Qualitative and quantitative comparative analysis in business
- Knowledge management and business model innovation – economic, social, cultural and environmental perspectives
- Crisis management
- Human resource management for entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and incubation
- Digital marketing
All selected abstracts/papers will be published in the ABSRC Ljubljana 2020 Proceedings.
The best papers will have the opportunity to be published in one of the following journals which are indexed/abstracted in several databases:
- Business Systems Research Journal
- Management: Journal of Contemporary Management Issues
- Managing Global Transitions
- Advances in Business-Related Scientific Research Journal
Conference Chair: prof. dr. Ajda Fošner
Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner is employed as a full professor (subject area Mathematics) at GEA College. The primary research fields of dr. Ajda Fošner are noncommutative rings, linear algebra, and functional analyses. It should be mentioned that prof. dr. Ajda Fošner also focuses on the mathematical problems in quantum mechanics. Furthermore, she is involved in research on the field of quantitative methodology in social sciences. Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner participated with the original scientific contributions in numerous international conferences. She has worked as a researcher on several scientific projects on the field of mathematics, which is her primary research area, as well as on projects on other fields. Prof. dr. Ajda Fošner published many original scientific papers in prestigious international journals. This shows her productive and high quality research work. Visibility of her work is shown also with the total number of citations. She received several awards, such as Chancellor Award of University of Maribor and Award for scientific excellence of the University of Primorska.
COMITTEE ABSRC Ljubljana 2020
- Suavi Ahipasaoglu, Okan University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Bostjan Antoncic, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Niksa Alfirevic, Faculty of Economics, University of Split, Croatia
- Heri Bezic, University of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
- Ionel Bostan, University “Stefan cel Mare” of Suceava, Suceava, Romania
- Kresimir Buntak, University North, Koprivnica, Croatia
- Patrycja Chodnicka, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Alex F. DeNoble, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- Ajda Fosner, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ana Globocnik Zunac, University North, Koprivnica, Croatia
- Klodiana Gorica, University of Tirana, Albania
- Dietmar Grichnik, University of St. Gallen, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Katherine Gundolf, GSCM – Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France
- Robert D. Hisrich, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Mitja Jeraj, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Nicholas S. Jewczyn, Ashford University, San Diego, California, U. S. A.
- Ronald C. Johnson, American Public University, Charles Town, West Virginia, U.S.A.
- Renata Karkowska, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Claudine Kearney, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Imen Khanchel, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Alzbeta Kiralova, College of Business, Prague, Czech Republic
- Ekaterina Kostina, Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia
- Abey Kuruvilla, University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
- Marina Letonja, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Leonard H. Lynn, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Marjana Merkac Skok, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Stephen O. Migiro, Graduate School of Business Leadership, Midrand, South Africa
- Celina M. Olszak, University of Economics, Katowice, Poland
- Mirjana Pejic Bach, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Cezar Scarlat, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
- Seval Selіmoglu, Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey
- Gangaram Singh, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, U.S.A.
- Seweryn Spalek, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
- Stanislav Stofko, University of Zilina, Zilina, Slovakia
- Dindayal Swain, International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar, India
- Igor Todorovic, University of Banja Luka, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Jaka Vadnjal, GEA College, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Conference fees can be paid also via Bank Wire Transfer Details:
Bank: UniCredit banka Slovenija d.d., Šmartinska cesta 141, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Recipient: GEA College – Faculty of Entrepreneurship, Dunajska cesta 156, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Account no.: 2900 0005 2423 798
IBAN: SI56 02900 0005 2423 798
BIC / SWIFT: BACXSI22
Subject: ABSRC Ljubljana 2020 – the first name and the last name of the registered person
Important Note: Bank wire transfer fees are not covered by conference organizers.
At least one author per paper should register. Registration is completed when the conference fee payment is received.
Conference fees cover ABSRC Ljubljana 2020 Proceedings, registrations and the conference program preparation. Authors and other conference participants will receive the ABSRC 2020 Proceedings and the proof of participation. Drinks and snacks during session breaks and the awards prize giving will be prepared and sponsored by conference organizers and sponsors. All other expenses of the conference paper authors and other participants are not covered by conference fees and conference organizers and sponsors. Conference fees are non-refundable. Travel and lodging arrangements are done by conference participants on their own account.
Conference Invitation Letter can be issued after the conference fee payment is received.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM ABSRC Ljubljana 2020
To be announced!